Hampshire Police are trying to spread the crime prevention message this winter season throughout the beats within the Hedge End North and South Sectors.
Basic Burglary Crime Prevention Measures:
What can you do to make your home look & sound occupied when you are not there?
Please look out for your neighbours, family and friends – If you see something obvious that could be a risk – tell them.
* Leave a radio on during the day.
* Do you have Alexa, Google home or similar? Check out what ‘burglar deterrent’ skills / options there are.
* Set a timer for a lamp and or a radio to come on once it gets dark - Most electric timers are under £10.
* If you have an alarm system, make sure you use it.
* Never leave keys in doors - Front or back.
* Don’t leave keys near to or in sight of a window or door.
* Double lock your doors – Pull the handle up, turn the key and remove the keys.
* Remove valuables from view on the ground floor.
* Lock side gates and ensure fencing / boundaries are in good repair.
* Don’t leave ladders or tools out.
* Check your property for loose brickwork, heavy items within reach, that could be used to smash a window or door.
Christmas Presents - Please record your new gadgets serial nos, frame nos, makes and models on www.immobilise.com
Please do whatever you can to reduce the likelihood of you becoming a victim.
Kind Regards, PCSO Mica Woodcock.
Immobilise Property List Leaflet.pdf - 322.0 KB
Message Sent By
Mica Woodcock (Police, PCSO, Eastleigh District)