Below is a link to some very useful information on how to protect your vehicle from keyless (relay) car thieves.
Some of the key points are also listed below. Please take a moment to read and share with family, friends and colleagues.
Following these simple steps could help prevent your vehicle from ending up in the wrong hands;
- Additional physical security can help to prevent your vehicle being driven away even if a thief gains entry.
- There's a range of security rated products tested by Sold Secure that can help, such as steering wheel locks, pedal boxes and gear stick locks.
- Some of these products, tested to Sold Secure Diamond, can even resist a small hand-held angle grinder.
- When at home keep your car key (and the spare) well away from the car.
- Always speak directly with the vehicle manufacturer when acquiring spare keys.
- Put the keys in a screened or signal-blocking pouch, such as a Faraday Bag and check if the bag or pouch is still working every few months.
- Re-programme your keys if you buy a second hand car.
- Turn off wireless signals on your fob when it's not being used.
- Remove all valuables from your vehicle.
Hound Parish Council News Blog.